Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default What's the better way to contact Chinese restaurant owner?

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:38:41 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Around my area in Florida, we have "New York Style" and "Chicago Style"
Cantonese food ) The only luxury my parents
had when I was growing up was to eat out, rarely, at the neighborhood
Chinese restaurant. I suppose it was very Americanized,
but our neighborhood was one of many nationalites and immigrants.

What passes for "Chinese" in most restaurants near my home seems to be,
mainly, overcooked cabbage and a few dishes with lots
of carrots and broccoli..........

Spoke to a friend's father who owns a restaurant. He rolls his eyes
every time a white guy comes in. He know well enough to murder his
cooking with a lot of salt or soy sauce and the diner will still
demand the soy sauce bottle. His menu in English will have
westernized hybrid dishes that will never appear in his Chinese menu.
He is always so happy whan a Chinese customer comes in and orders
Chinese. Then he can cook proper Chinese style.