Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Source of 5 pins potentiometers?

On 2/7/08 11:17 AM, in article
, "Victory"
wrote:

Hi,

The place I was buying my 5 pin potentiometers has run out. I phoned
a couple of places, but they need part numbers (which I don't have and
can't get from the store - they must know that I am outsourcing and
there is nothing listed on the part). When I asked for a 1K
potentiometer with 5 pints on the phone to Mouser and
http://www.potentiometers.com
, it was like asking if they had seen a unicorn, so I am wondering if
these are rare. They told me they have lots of 3 pin, but not 5 pin.

Any ideas or places to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Here is what is the potentiometer looks like:

http://davidd.250free.com/resistor.gif

I know it might not be enough to go on, but maybe someone can point me
in the right direction.

It might help if you could post what is the distribution of the resistance
among the pins. Are two of the pins a switch by any chance?

You can't simply ask for a "5-pin" potentiometer as there are gobs and
gazillions of different types, configurations, and resistance values and
taps.