Posted to rec.woodworking
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default dado blade not square

On Feb 6, 7:36*pm, k wrote:
I recently purchased a set of General dado blades. *When I cut a 1/4
inch dado the groove isn't exactly square. *On the top edges it cuts
points deeper and the middle of the groove is flat. *I tried it on 2
different table saws and I still have the same problem. *I exchanged
them for another set and the same thing happens. *Does anyone have any
advice?

If you are talkin a stack dado then cutting a slight groove on either
side is intended to reduce tearout.

If you are talking a wobble dado, they only cut flat on one setting,
usually 3/4

In either case a skilled sharpener can adjust either to your needs.

For example I make sure the points of a stack dado read about 8
thousanths of an inch higher than the flats when grinding.