Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default OT - Got broadband?

Many (most?) people with caller ID set their systems to block caller ID
blocked calls. So it is a standoff. There are a fair number of smaller
businesses that have made the same choice. They get their peace and
quiet, they get to have a limited number of buyers. Their choice.

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:37:17 -0600, RoyJ
wrote:

I flat out will not answer an "ID Blocked" or "ID Unavailable"
or an obviously faked "000 000 0000" CID. Let the machine screen it.

Yep, and when you place a 'for sale' ad, I can't respond because my
phone is blocked. Reminds me of an HR person who worked for the US
Department of Agriculture. She would try to call an applicant to come in
for an interview, they would block calls with blocked numbers. But since
the Dept of Ag shared a phone system with a hush hush FBI office, no
amount of unblocking codes would work. So the HR person called the next
person on the list.

Reading comprehension test EPIC FAIL: "Let the machine screen it."
You even quoted it back, so you had to have seen it.

I deliberately said machine, and not Voicemail. If it's a real
person and not a sales-droid, and you are there, you pick up.

-- Bruce --