Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

Ray King wrote:
When you are in the company of other folks. They must all be gentlemen or
are you in the shadow of a police officer at all times?,

Not at all. They are not genlemen,merely law abiding citizens by and large.

never in the
company of one who would take advantage of any opportunity to remove an
article of value from you.

Ah. You mean Bnakers, Lawyers, Accountatants and salesmen? well one
tries to avoid them naturally. I dont think waving guns at them does
much good, or police either.

Are they all equally matched in strength and
weight? Could they do harm to you without fear of being damaged them selves?

Not really. `That's a basic law of nature. You can see it with animlas

Is he small enough to eat ? CHASE.

Is he large enough to eat me? AVOID.

Is he in between..treat with respect, as damage my happen on both sides.

If you consider the many folks ( of all nationalities ) trained to kill with
their hands,

Not that many round here.

as I have been in the military. A firearm or any other
defensive weapon is just a tool that renders the owner more than equal. I
have friends whom I do not want harmed so I do not feel I have the right to
deny them personal protection. In the real world no one is equal to any one
else in any measurement method. Legislation can not change this. As long as
we have criminals or mentally challenged people that are among us, because
they are hard to separate from the mentally stable there is going to be a
problem, not the tool ( gun, knife, tazer or mace ). Drugs and greed are
catalysts to violence problems.
Ray

You are a sad sicko Ray.

The only person I would feel a need for a firearm to defend myself
against, is YOU.