Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Ray King Ray King is offline

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

I Thought you might find this interesting . . .

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953,
about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of
13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated
------------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.
------------------------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million
educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century
because of gun control: 56 million.
------------------------------
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by
new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own
government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million
dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies
are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
percent. Note, that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the
past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is
unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the
ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety
has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in
successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience
and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save
lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the
law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them
of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.
Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
most Americans were ARMED!

"Ray King" wrote in message
. ..
When you are in the company of other folks. They must all be gentlemen or
are you in the shadow of a police officer at all times?, never in the
company of one who would take advantage of any opportunity to remove an
article of value from you. Are they all equally matched in strength and
weight? Could they do harm to you without fear of being damaged them
selves? If you consider the many folks ( of all nationalities ) trained to
kill with their hands, as I have been in the military. A firearm or any
other defensive weapon is just a tool that renders the owner more than
equal. I have friends whom I do not want harmed so I do not feel I have
the right to deny them personal protection. In the real world no one is
equal to any one else in any measurement method. Legislation can not
change this. As long as we have criminals or mentally challenged people
that are among us, because they are hard to separate from the mentally
stable there is going to be a problem, not the tool ( gun, knife, tazer or
mace ). Drugs and greed are catalysts to violence problems.
Ray

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Ray King" wrote in message
. ..

I would expect you could consider much of what you hear as prattling
tripe. ( little minds ) I guess if I lived in a world where some one
protected me from all harm--no I can not imagine a fantasy world you
must live in.

Ray

In your tiny mind I live in fantasy world - a world very real to us - a
world where police don't even carry guns, replicas are banned and if
you are found in possession you can get 5 years. I love living in
fantasy world - absolutely love it!!!!! You should try to build one
where you live.

Well apart from the fact that you DO live in a fantasy world, so does
he..

This is what happens when you live by yourself in the middle of nowhere.

Bugger! I'll have to put you in my killfile again.

Please do. Don't delay! If you walk around with a gun you will get 5
years!!! Please walk around with one.