Posted to alt.home.repair
Bread Kong Bread Kong is offline

Default What's the better way to contact Chinese restaurant owner?

On Feb 7, 12:38 am, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Hi,
Chinesefood in U.S. is westernized Cantonese style. Best bet is just
collect their menu. Some are written in English, some are inChinese.
I don't speakChinesebut I can read and write. I usually ask for
menu written inChinese. There I can find items I can't order from
English one. Also someChineserestaurants are franchised.

Around my area in Florida, we have "New York Style" and "Chicago Style"
Cantonese food ) The only luxury my parents
had when I was growing up was to eat out, rarely, at the neighborhoodChineserestaurant. I suppose it was very Americanized,
but our neighborhood was one of many nationalites and immigrants.

What passes for "Chinese" in most restaurants near my home seems to be,
mainly, overcooked cabbage and a few dishes with lots
of carrots and broccoli..........

Interesting information about that "New York Style" and "Chicago
Style" Cantonese food in Florida. And I seem Americanized Chinese food
is always with broccoli and carrots. it's not in China.

Thanks!

BTW, can I have your favorite Chinese food name list?