Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default optocoupler CNY17G-2

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 06:56:11 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Only Just wrote:
:
: Can anyone help with this component, it is used in a commercial cordless
: battery charger and I can't locate any anywhere, I did try the internet but
: they don't want to know me
:
:Who don't ?
:
:It's an opto-isolator. Nothing unusual Simply substitute one with similar
arameters.
:
:
:Graham

Well, naturally,,, but it isn't quite that simple to find a suitable alternative
to the CNY17-2G off-the-shelf. The main problem is nobody here stocks 6 pin DIP
transistor output optocouplers with base connection having a 0.4" row pitch.
Believe me, I have done a lot of searching.

I did find one possibility at WES Components. Their catalog shows the CNX82A
which would be suitable provided that it is not manufactured by Isocom. The OP
requires the base connection brought out and the Isocom version doesn't have
that.

Either of these close enough ?

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Optoelectr...sp?sku=1244524

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Optoelectr...sp?sku=1244523