Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Update on problem

In article ,
"Eric Scantlebury" wrote:

For anyone who is interested and just for the postarity of the post I figure
I'd update what I've done.

Ok, I drained the wellmate - seemed like more than 20 gallons came out, but
not much more. I then presurized the tank to 45lbs of air and left it for
an hour.

When I came back I still had "close" to 45lbs but not quite. I think the
bladder has a very small leak and over the last 4 years or so has caused the
"waterlog".

I put 38 lbs of pressure in the bladder (I let some air out) and put power
on the pump. Now everything seems to work "normal". My short cycling has
gone away - though since it has I guess I have "decided" I need a new water
tank in my future.

Thanks all for the suggestions - It was a great help.

Eric

Updates are always appreciated. For posterity, though, starting a new
thread for the update is counterproductive.