Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

On Feb 6, 3:50*pm, PaPaPeng wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:11:00 -0800 (PST), Harry K

wrote:
On Feb 6, 5:49*am, " wrote:
buy a tractor to cut grass, add a plow for snow.

Hmmm...now why did it take this long for that to be suggested. *Not a
bad solution for light snow areas such as his except for that plow
berm. *Dunno how good one of those would be in his area.

Another idea that has been buzzing in my head. *I used to have one of
those mechanical walk behind push lawn mowers that had spiral cutter
blades. *It was hard work but good exercise for someone young. * The
larger snow throwers use an archimedean screw. *Shouldn't it be
possible to have a 5hp to 10 hp gas engine powered unit where one can
replace the snow thrower a-screw with a spiral grass cutter assembly?.
Maybe it will need a different pulley and some extra shielding but
that's no big job.. *That way we won't need two separate machines.

Interesting. I was playing with a 'plug n play' type set up where
just eh head was removed and a 'bush hog' type mower plugged in. Not
all that easy with the current ones as removing the blower head is not
a quick operation.

Harry K