Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default optocoupler CNY17G-2

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:49:04 +1100, "Only Just" ifixit2@hotmail(dot)com wrote:

:Can anyone help with this component, it is used in a commercial cordless
:battery charger and I can't locate any anywhere, I did try the internet but
:they don't want to know me as I only want 1 or poss 2 as they not replying
:to additional emails even after quoting me $5 each because of such a small
:quantity. I need this version as the later version seems to use a floating
:base on the output side and in the charger that I have here for repair it is
:used. I am in Sydney aus.
:If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
:Thanks.
:

I don't think there is anything special about the old or new version of the
CNY17 - they all have the base connection brought out to pin 6. The 'G' suffix
means that pins 1-3 are separated from pins 4-6 by 10.16mm rather than the
normal 7.62mm. The '2' indicates the CTR which is 0.63 - 1.25 @ 10mA Ic.
http://www.vishay.com/docs/83886/83886.pdf

There are other devices with the same pin spacing and isolation which would do
the job, ie. CNX82A
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...ILD/CNX82.html

Note that the Isocom version of the CNX82A does not connect the base lead to pin
6.