Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default optocoupler CNY17G-2

"Only Just" ifixit2@hotmail(dot)com wrote in message
Can anyone help with this component, it is used in a commercial cordless
battery charger and I can't locate any anywhere, I did try the internet
but they don't want to know me as I only want 1 or poss 2 as they not
replying to additional emails even after quoting me $5 each because of
such a small quantity. I need this version as the later version seems to
use a floating base on the output side and in the charger that I have here
for repair it is used. I am in Sydney aus.
If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I'd try something common like a 4N35, there's loads of similar parts that
should work fine. Is the base pin of the transistor connected to anything?
Many optocouplers don't extend that out, if you don't need that, any of
dozens of standard transistor output optocouplers should work.