Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default dado blade not square

k wrote:
: I recently purchased a set of General dado blades. When I cut a 1/4
: inch dado the groove isn't exactly square. On the top edges it cuts
: points deeper and the middle of the groove is flat. I tried it on 2
: different table saws and I still have the same problem. I exchanged
: them for another set and the same thing happens. Does anyone have any
: advice?

Most dado sets do that. FWW did a review in 2007 which evaluated a lot
of sets, and gave ratings for the flatness of the dado, and the scoring marks left by the
outside blades.

-- Andy Barss