Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timbirr@mailcity.com is offline

Default Goulds water pump excessive cycling

On Feb 5, 5:27*pm, "Eric Scantlebury"
wrote:
Hello All,

I have an issue with my goulds well pump recently cycling on and off in an
excessive mannor. *By excessive I mean the pump will kick on and off several
times a minute while water is being used in the house.

SNIP

Hey, folks I am guessing an EASY reason for this. He had the power
turned off quite a bit so he says. If, like at my house, the kids and
wife ignore me when I say DON'T USE WATER when the power is off,
that's what happened....Drained the tank, no input from the
pump.....yahda yahda yahda.....

Solution, turn off the main water cut-off when you cut the power. Wife
and kids ain't happy, but saves me hassling with the tank later.....