Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power feed Wiring for Bridgeport Mill

David Billington wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:

208 V Wye circuits will provide 120 V
line to neutral. A 220 V Delta circuit may not have any associated
neutral. If it did, the L-N voltage would be a NOMINAL 127 V, which
sounds marginally OK, but I don't know of any 220 V power. It is
usually a NOMINAL 240 V, and actually runs higher. At 240 L-L, you'd
get 138 V L-N, which won't be good for it.

Does the OP not have an ordinary 120 V outlet within reach? What
about for lights, coolant, etc?

Jon

OP in Kent UK so 230V mains outlets, no 120V without transformer.

Yes, of course, I should have noticed. And, no 208 V there, as no need
to create these rather *******ized 120/208 V systems to run 120 V office
equipment and 3-phase gear like central air conditioners off a single
transformer.

Jon