Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Heat pump defrost

On Feb 6, 9:43*am, wrote:
I live in West Chester, Pa., 30 west of Philadelphia. A ARUF018-00A-1
heat pump was installed in my condo about 3 yrs. Ago. I notice that in
the summer if I set the thermostat to a random temperature such as 73
degrees the A/C kicks on and when it reaches 73 degrees the aux heat
kicks on, the compressor kicks on and off every 5 to 10 seconds and
the condenser fan locks out and it seem to go into defrost mode for
about 10 minutes. In the winter the defrost mode does not work at all.
I had the tech service the unit 3 times. The first time he replaced
the thermostat. The second time he added Freon. The third time he
replaced the defrost board and sensor. And after all this it still did
not take care of the problem. Can you help me.

it's wired wrong
Mark