Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

On Feb 6, 5:49*am, " wrote:
buy a tractor to cut grass, add a plow for snow.

Hmmm...now why did it take this long for that to be suggested. Not a
bad solution for light snow areas such as his except for that plow
berm. Dunno how good one of those would be in his area.

When my old (and I do mean oollllddd) 'blower died and I went shopping
early Jan that was what the John Deere dealer suggested (he had no
'blowers). I had been there before 30 years ago with my Bolens.
Found that it worked fine in light snows, useless in any deep ones.
Of course back then the riders were in the 10 hp range. I did have
the tires filled with liquid plus wheel weights plus chains though.
When it comes to plows it is all about traction. where to push it to
also comes up. Plow a couple times and then you are pretty much
screwed unless you pushe the first one way back off the road.

Harry K