Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett[_40_] Bruce Barnett[_40_] is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

"StephenM" writes:

One thing to consider is the changing of the jaws. I don't think there
is any easy way to do it,

Perhaps true, but a cheap set of t-handled allen wrenches was one of the
best 11$ I ever spent. One is dedicated to my SN^2, and two more to my
bandsaw.

I have a cheap set (plastic handles) from HF, but when I bought my
SuperNova chuck from kmstools, they included a T-handle allen wrench.

This has a plastic coated metal handle, and the extra mass makes it
easier to remove the nuts. Give it a spin, and it keeps revolving. I
recommend getting a single high-quality wrench of the proper size for
your chuck. Wiha sells a 4mm for $3 to $8. (I don't have a Wiha, but
wahted to check the prices).

Your chuck deserves an upgrade from a HF T-handle allen wrench set.