Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

On Feb 5, 3:16*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
*"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
.. .

-snip-

When half my driveway [probably 75' x 20 and a 20x20 turnaround] was
gravel I used to change mine nearly every year- but I get 100 inches
of snow a year.

Where are you? Tug Hill or other insane snow place?

no way-- * 100 inches is just a heavy frost for
Tug hill.g * They're over 112 so far this year. * Just southwest of
them, near Oswego they got 60" in one 2 day storm this year.

I'm near Schenectady, NY- the 100" number is Albany, our nearest
weather station. * We're usually within a few inches of them.
This year we've only gotten about 30 inches so far- I'm not
complaining.

Jim

I was in a military trainign program at Syracuse U 1967/68 winter.
Hit with a lake effect snowstorm that closed the city for an entire
week. Parking lot was a smooth, unbroken layer with drifts on top.
Not even car antennas were poking out. We fell out and hand shoveled
out to the city road - almost a 1/4 mile. Shovel until you heard a
clunk, clear a bay, clear around the vehicle, push it into the bay and
continue on.

Was fun then but I wouldn't want to repeat it.

Now that I think back, it may have been my earlier tour which would
have been 65/66.

Harry K