Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

HerHusband wrote:

-snip-
I'm still considering a small electric blower, like the Toro 1800, just
to simplify the cleanup of our smaller storms. I just wonder how it would
hold up in deeper snow? I don't mind going slow if it will eventually
clear the way without breaking or burning up. Can't be any slower than
hand shoveling.

I did a 30" snowfall with mine. End of drive was 5' high-- Nice
thing about these is they only weigh 20pounds, so you can lift it to
the top of a snowbank and watch it gobble it all up.

In over a foot of snow, the first pass through the drive is almost
like work. Then you slice off a foot at a time and it goes pretty
quickly. Infinitely better than shoveling. [when you see one of
these little machines tossing wet slush 15 feet from your driveway
you'll be doing a happy dance]

Jim