Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default What voltage is this cap?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:08:52 -0800, Smitty Two wrote:

:In article ,
: "Phil Allison" wrote:
:
: Axial electrolytic ...
:
: ** I bet it is NOT !!!
:
: It has no polarity markings - right ?
:
: Both ends look the same - right ?
:
:The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of non-polarized
:electrolytics...

Not possible to be a non-polar electrolytic because these don't usually go above
50Vdc and they are never marked with a voltage code such as 2J. It is most
likely a film type with voltage a bit higher than Phil's guess. My own guess
would have been 400V but since then we have more info on voltage codes and 630V
looks to be the answer.