Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred Fred is offline

Default Clausing 12x37 clone will not run backwards

Bob AZ wrote:
On Feb 4, 9:
I think I understand the switches, transformer and relays. �And, how to
change the lathe to 220v. � I do not understand what the "Heating Relay"
does.

Fred

The FR relay is probably the overload for the motor. See the FR NC
contact in the KM1 coil cirucit for KM1.

From the photograph it appears that the 110 connection on the
transformer needs to be moved to the 220 connection in a 220 mode.

The notes refer to Figure 10 as 110 volt wiring and Figure 11 as 220
volt wiring. Do you have Figure 11?

Yes, I do have it.

KM1 applies the power to the motor through KM2 or KM3 depending on
which is selected. This provides direction. Forward or reverse.

I see what to do to change the control circuit to 220 but not what to
change to make the motor 220.

I have a diagram for switching the motor to 220. I'll uploaded it to:

More tomorrow. Too sleepy to continue.

Bob AZ

Now I think I understand the switchover from 110 to 220 would involve:
1. Changing the connections at the motor as per the above diagram
2. Changing the transformer input voltage wire from the 110 to 220 terminal.
3. Run 220 service to the machine with a 220 receptacle
4. Put a 220 plug on the machine.

Thanks for helping me get this straight.

Fred