Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Gas leak limit

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:23:27 +0000, Tim Downie wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

THE PERMITTED LEAKAGE FOR PIPEWORK (new or old) IS ZERO. I.e. less than
0.25mbar/2min on a normal installation.

So 0.24mbar/2min is okay? ;-)

As it happens, my pipework seems fine and since redoing my dryer
connection, my "appliance leak" seems to have gone too.

Thanks for the info.

Tim

The 0.25 mbar is a way of saying no detectable drop.
You could probably observe a smaller drop than that, but even holding the
gas pipe with a warm hand can put 0.5 mbar or more onto the gauge.

When using an electronic manometer they are very very sensitive and the
last digit is 0.01 mbar i.e. Pascals i.e next to nothing. The digits will
move around all the while when testing.