Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_2_] Tim Downie[_2_] is offline

Default Gas leak limit

wrote:
On 5 Feb,
"Tim Downie" wrote:

Seriously, I wouldn't have an electric one. The gas ones are *way*
more energy efficient and at 18 years old now, it's been one of my
most reliable appliances. (A White Knight for anyone interested).

The spider on the back of the drum failed on my White Knight, Probably
repairable, but SWMBO wanted a new one as it 'could be' unreliable.
so we got another virtually the same. It has failed twice (in the
first week or two with a stuck timer). It's now run in, I think the
first one was similar.

Over the years we replaced a thermocouple and a gas valve solenoid.
Not bad in 14 years.

We had to replace a couple of stats early on and like you, one solenoid.
(All easy diy jobs). This was is the first 5 years. Since then, nothing
other than a bit of hoovering now and again.

Tim