Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

One thing to consider is the changing of the jaws. I don't think there
is any easy way to do it, and rather than change jaws (I have found
that I use only about 3 different jaw sets) get a chuck for each set
of jaws.
robo hippy

On Feb 5, 8:39*am, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:
Brian
Nice spot. One of the ladies from my church is from Southamptom (war bride)
and my daughter did here first year of University near there. My wife, on
the other hand, is from Lytham St Anne's in the Lake District. We had a
great time when we were in England but never made it down that way since we
visited my wife's relatives near Durham (I got to stand in the pulpit at
Durham Cathedral!!!). Next time we hope.

Let us know how the chuck works. I have the One Way and love it.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canadahttp://aroundthewoods.comhttp://roundopinions.blogspot.com"brian white" wrote in message

news

"Duncan Hoyle" wrote in message
.uk...

On Feb 4, 7:20 am, "brian white" wrote:
As a relative noob to woodturning ( I acquired my first lathe 3 Months
ago )
I feel that I am now restricted in my creations for the lack of a
chuck. I
have made all kinds of Jam chucks, fixing to the headstock with turned
morse
Tapers. but its hard going !. Looking through the Polewood Cataloge
There is
a choice of the Patriot, SuperNova2, Fox FX4000, and others. *Yes of
course
I would probably like the most expensive, ( Patriot @£126 ) *or the
SuperNova @ £114.00 , are these chucks that much better than the Fox
FX4000
@ 68.83 ( including delivery ! ). *for which, for the same amount of
cash as
a Patriot I could also get a couple of sets of Jaws

What would you "seasoned" ! woodturners recommend *? *Price of course
is
always an issue.

many thanks in advance, and happy turning

One thing I have learnt in my 3 months of turning *- Ride the Bevel, or
Sup
with the Devil. :-)

Um No - *Im down in Southampton too cold for me in Newcastle although I
was born n bred in Middlesbrough. I have joined a local woodturning club
and have posed the question, some lively debate followed, and basically it
comes down to a matter of personal preferance, the ease of obtaining and
changing jaw sets, and Durability .

Thanks for all the splended info folks - Im going to The Woodworking Show
at Alexandria Palace this coming weekend, cash in hand !!
I shall probably go for the Patriot ( unless someone else has a real
tempting "show offer" *! *) *It Will, Be Mine !

Brian