Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Gas leak limit

Tim Downie wrote:

I was recently told when a plumber cut off a dead leg in our gas
pipework that we had a small (but allowable) leak in our system.

Clearly he wasn't wild about chasing the leak but I'd rather there
wasn't one. Before I start hunting, what's the acceptable leak level
in mbar/min?
Tim

I don't know the answer, but is that the only way to measure leaks - in
mbar/min?

If so, surely that makes the max permissible *absolute* leak rate (gms/min,
or whatever) a function of the volume of your pipework. Is that's what's
intended?
--
Cheers,
Roger