Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)

Joel Koltner wrote:
Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
Ok, not shielded and a bit tight on current but should be in the ballpark:
Digikey P/N 490-2521-1-ND
How large can it be?

That would work... what I currently have is a Pulse PG0085 series, 4.3mm
square (bigger than yours... although my in 207mohms, yours is 1.1ohms so a
little lossier there... although a PG0085 with a comparable inductance is
about 930mohms).

This was just one from a quick peek. There are better ones and you'd
probably want to search for shielded versions such as these:

http://www.tdk.co.jp/tefe02/e531_vlcf4020.pdf

Usually good prices, too. The 33uH would get you down to 600mohm if
that's a concern. The 47uH would probably be about on par with the same
value Pulse series.

If you wanted to really curb jitter in a test you could drill holes and run
the rework wires behind the ground plane.

Yeah, but the test board is only the two layers shown -- no ground plane.

You think the 550kHz part would be preferable, eh?

Personally, yes. Less EMI trouble. It also depends on what else is in
the box and where that ciruitry is most sensitive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/