Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

You leave out the important part.
how much snow do you get at a time?

It really varies. The last several years, we haven't had more than a few
light dustings, except maybe for one storm leaving 4" or so.

Then again, we go through periods like this year where we've had snow on
the ground for two months, with at least two storms piling up to more than
14" each.

That's why I hate to invest in a huge snow snowblower or some other
expensive solution. It just may not get used that often, and maintaining it
might be more work than shoveling snow. But when we need it, we really need
it.

Read the reviews of the 1800 on Amazon- And search google for my
comments on them over the years. [I'm a *big* fan- and though i have
a 7hp, 2 stage I still find the little toro quicker/easier for a
4-5inch snowfall.]

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the first hand experience. It does sound
like it would be a good match for the majority of our snowfalls.

Our gravel drive concerns me more than anything. Can these be adjusted
somehow to stay an inch or so above the ground?

Anthony