Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Knob and Tube BETA-33

I've never even heard of one requiring an inspection. And I've bought many
houses, and most of them have at least some K&T wiring. I wasn't even asked
about the wiring. I believe these phantom insurance company stories are
just that, stories.

"dpb" wrote in message ...

Get off the BS, crap..._IF_ (and that's the proverbial "big if") and when
an insurance company refuses to write coverage, it can be fixed then.
Despite your BS claims, I've yet to find any indication of any major
underwriter that will not write for K&T as a blanket prohibition. They
_might_ require an inspection.

I've done enough retrofits from antebellum to WWII boom time frame I've
lost count and K&T wiring has _NEVER_ been an inhibition to a sale.