Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Snow From Driveway - Best Long Term Solution?

"HerHusband" wrote in message

I've traditionally gone out and shoveled the driveway clear when we've
had snow storms. It wasn't bad when I was younger,

I know exactly what you mean.

So, I'm investigating other solutions that will be easier for "an
old guy" to manage. Unfortunately, staying home till the snow passes
won't be an option for many years to come.

Fighting to start a small gas engine in the cold
doesn't sound much better than shoveling snow. And the $700 and up price
tag seems high considering how often we might use it.

You can buy a single stage model for $400 at Wal Mart. About 10 years ago,
when my MIL moved in with us she bought me one and it still works great.
Every time I use it, I'm still grateful for it and wich I could thank her.

Single stage is good for snowfall up to about 10". If it is very heavy and
wet you have to take smaller ites, but the light anf fluffy stuff goes very
easy.