Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Do any DVD recorders of VCRs come with RF Modulator for Ch 3use?

Ken G. wrote:

For years VCR - DVD combo players all had cable jacks on them . Lately
that jack has been left out of them .

The cheap ones have no tuner, thus no need for a RF input. Higher end
gear has ATSC/NTSC/QAM capable tuners, and thus the RF *input* has
returned. RF *outputs* are still rare because newer TVs all have
composite/S-video/component inputs. An output modulator just takes
up space and adds to the cost. [I haven't used the RF output in any
of my VCRs in a decade. My Mitsubishi VCRs even have the option to
turn OFF the output modulator.]

I own 3 DVD only recorders that have cable jacks . The tuners in these
will ot receive off air anymore when ``the change`` happens but they
should still recieve ordinary cable ?

If your cable company offers an analog tier, or if your cable box has a
RF output, yes. [By "cable jacks" I assume you mean RF coaxial connections.]

--
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.