Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner[_2_] Joel Koltner[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
How much current do you need out of it? I suppose a few ten mA and there you
can afford a lower switching frequency.

I started with 150mA absolute maximum, and at this point 100mA looks like
plenty. I actually have tried this board at a lower frequency -- Linear has
the LTC1877 which is footprint-compatible with the LTC3404 and switches at
550kHz. Efficiency is noticeably better at 550kHz (up to 95%!), but the
larger inductor needed is too big for the PCB. It also jitters a bit, but
significantly less so than the '3404 (not too surprisingly).

---Joel