Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
legg legg is offline

Default Slightly misbehaving switcher (from SED discussion)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:05:30 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

snip
This improves things some: there's noticeably less jitter, although if you
look closely it's still there (interestingly, it's easier to *not* notice on a
Tek 2465 than a digital scope... hmm...). I don't think there's a lot left to
do on this particular PCB, but I'm thinking the results are good enough that
it's safe to put the design on a 4-layer boad and see what happens.

I'm amazed that a switcher at "only" 1.4MHz on a board that's 3/4" square can
be so difficult to tame.

I'd check on output ripple and dynamic response around the suspected
operating point, at different temperature extremes. If it doesn't show
up on the output as subharmonics or poor damping, it's ignorable.

RL