Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

wrote:
On Feb 4, 12:49*pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
You need to learn to read.

I can read. Referring to the picture of the pool that was posted, you
said:

You can't read, and once again you have proved it. For
starters, the below does not claim it is absolutely safe
from all danger, which is what you claimed I said. I
didn't.

And from this point it just gets worse for you...

"Not a problem. (Actually, I've set up something fairly
similar to that, and been in the water.) "

[snipped about 60 lines of nothing but emotional hype]

When we get down to dealing with *facts*, you blow it every time.

Yet, now, you attribute the two girls deaths in
exactly the situation you say can't happen, to grabbing onto a water
spigot.

That can't happen in a pool where there is no water
spigot.

It can happen when someone steps in the pool, with one foot in and one
foot out.

In a plastic pool, setting on a plastic ground cover,
which is on a bricked surface that no doubt has several
feet of compacted and well drained sand or gravel below
it? Do you know what "insulator" spells???

Do you really think that 5 or 10 feet of clean water is
a good conductor?

In can happen when someone reaches for something outside
the pool that is metal and grounded.

And a very cursory inspection of the set of photos we are
discussing demonstrated that there isn't a grounded piece of
metal within maybe 50 feet of anyone in that pool.

It could be the liner has a
small leak,

Do you really think that "a small leak" is a good conductor???

Or that the ground under it is?

right near where you're standing while grilling on that
stupid setup. Clark and I pointed this out 10 posts ago. Pay
attention.

The trouble you can Clark have is that neither of you
have a clue what to pay attention to. Citing marvelous
myths that you've picked up from watching TV and movies
won't get it.

Generally bathtubs all have at least a water spigot and
a drain, both of which are grounded. *Many have other
grounded fixtures too. *Some (mine) have *none*, but
that is rare.

It figures a kook like you would have some strange bathtub with no
spigot or drain.

See what I mean about learning to read. There are *no*
grounded fixtures in my bathroom. There are no metal
pipes to conduct electricity.

Well, unless you're gonna now argue the water spigot was
energized, there goes your whole BS argument.

Grounded.

Did you figure that out all by yourself too?

The problem is that you said "energized", wich isn't right.
I said "grounded", which is. And you don't understand the
difference.

You're pretty hot on emotional hype, and totally lacking
when it comes to technical expertize.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)