Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Knob and Tube BETA-33

On Feb 4, 5:23�pm, dpb wrote:

come time to sell and it may be impossible for the buyer to get
homeowners insurance and thus no mortage, effectively killing the sale.

But it's going to have burned down by tonight, anyway, so what's the
difference?

Get off the BS, crap..._IF_ (and that's the proverbial "big if") and
when an insurance company refuses to write coverage, it can be fixed
then. �Despite your BS claims, I've yet to find any indication of any
major underwriter that will not write for K&T as a blanket prohibition.
� They _might_ require an inspection.

I've done enough retrofits from antebellum to WWII boom time frame I've
lost count and K&T wiring has _NEVER_ been an inhibition to a sale.

--

My local state farm agent reports state farm will write no new
policies for homes with K&T.....

so you wait till home sale time and K&T kills the sale? plus you may
not have the bucks to rewire your entire home or pay more......

planned in advance makes rewiring more manegable.

plus rewiring requires access holes in walls and cielings, so you fix
up your home, K&T becomes a deal breaker, then you get to fix your
home twice.....