Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default fascia board for gutter system

On Feb 3, 2:25*pm, "DanG" wrote:
Joe,

Won't the lumber size be dependent on roof pitch and rafter size?
I strongly recommend a 2x subfascia. *Cutting the tails square and
plumb will be the most difficult part of the job.

You're right it isn't a quicky job. Best done on scaffolding, not a
ladder. Or off the back of your pickup. Whatever, make the marks
right, cut to marks with the SawzAll and finish by hand. Dressing the
cuts afterwards with an angle grinder to make them perfect might cause
some frowns from the journeymen, but, hey! it works. Have to admit I
use a Bosch autobody grinder for touch up now and then.
The larger rafters on stick built jobs may even need a 1 x 8, but I'm
thinking most people use trusses these days so 1 x 6 should work fine.

Joe