Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman[_2_] Bob Shuman[_2_] is offline

Default Inverter for Gateway laptop

Arfa,

I originally read it the same way, but now that the above reply on DC to AC
automotive type inverter was posted, I conclude that the OP was not at all
clear. The fact that the manufacturer was mentioned by name (Gateway) would
seem to point to this being a LCD backlight, but since the specific model
number was not provided, limits the usefulness of any response.

Bob

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Jakthehammer" wrote in message

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

Beware, most inverter out there are over-rated. You will not get the
maximum power it claims to handle. So if you want sufficient power,
always
multiple your load by 3. Example if you pc consumes 110watts, you will
want 350 watts or higher inverter.

Jack

I think he's talking about a backlight inverter, rather than a DC to line
power inverter ...

Arfa