Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Inverter for Gateway laptop

Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

Try

http://www.lcdparts.net/LaptopInverter2.aspx

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Bachman wrote:
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

I'd suggest eBay. That's where I got the last one I needed...price was
about a fourth of anyplace else I looked (and damned few places actually
had one for my Gateway).

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

Beware, most inverter out there are over-rated. You will not get the
maximum power it claims to handle. So if you want sufficient power, always
multiple your load by 3. Example if you pc consumes 110watts, you will
want 350 watts or higher inverter.

Jack

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jakthehammer" wrote in message

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

Beware, most inverter out there are over-rated. You will not get the
maximum power it claims to handle. So if you want sufficient power,
always
multiple your load by 3. Example if you pc consumes 110watts, you will
want 350 watts or higher inverter.

Jack

I think he's talking about a backlight inverter, rather than a DC to line
power inverter ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa,

I originally read it the same way, but now that the above reply on DC to AC
automotive type inverter was posted, I conclude that the OP was not at all
clear. The fact that the manufacturer was mentioned by name (Gateway) would
seem to point to this being a LCD backlight, but since the specific model
number was not provided, limits the usefulness of any response.

Bob

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Jakthehammer" wrote in message

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

Where can I get an inverter for a Gateway laptop?

TIA

John

Beware, most inverter out there are over-rated. You will not get the
maximum power it claims to handle. So if you want sufficient power,
always
multiple your load by 3. Example if you pc consumes 110watts, you will
want 350 watts or higher inverter.

Jack

I think he's talking about a backlight inverter, rather than a DC to line
power inverter ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
Arfa,

I originally read it the same way, but now that the above reply on DC to
AC automotive type inverter was posted, I conclude that the OP was not at
all clear. The fact that the manufacturer was mentioned by name (Gateway)
would seem to point to this being a LCD backlight, but since the specific
model number was not provided, limits the usefulness of any response.

Bob

Hi Bob. Yeah, I grant you it's not very specifically clear, but I still
reckon that it was a backlight inverter by implication. As I read it, it was
basically exactly what I would have said without stopping to think that
there was another possibility for the word "inverter". I think it's just a
case of 'engineer to engineer speak'. Perhaps the OP should clarify ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
[...]

It was weird to me as well but I thought perhaps the OP wants to run his
charger on a long trip or something.

Jack.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
[...]

Could be, Jack. But if that was the case, then I don't think I would
recommend that route in the first place, unless you were really REALLY sure
just what sort of the pedigree of the inverter you were buying. Some of
these switchers that they use as the power unit / chargers for laptops and
TVs, just don't like 'modified sine wave' up 'em. Shop I do work for had
just such a case recently. Guy brought in the (external) power unit from his
small LCD TV. He'd tried running it from the inverter in his RV, and it had
lasted all of 15 minutes, before going up in a spectacular cloud of smoke

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
[...]

I am the OP and apologize for not being more specific and also for not
following my own thread for the last couple of days.

Yes, it was the backlight inverter that I needed. I found one on eBay
and it should be here tomorrow.

Thanks to all.

John