Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default My satellite company sucks

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:01:59 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

Yes, it is true. Snow and ice do absorb satellite signals. A dish
cover for about $30 works quite well.
http://www.montanasatellite.com/sate...ish_covers.htm

I need to occasionally knock heavy wet November and March snow off of
mine, but only two or three times per winter. Most of the time it
sheds it pretty well without assistance.