Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My satellite company sucks

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:41:32 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Whats a Superbowl? Bowling tornement or something?

Gunner, who actually did something useful today. His first day home in
2 weeks.

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Must be Satellite chemical series,
Super bowl is the chemical with a half life of halftime.

Nothing happened in the 3rd but the last 5 minutes was interesting.

Couldn't resist.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

SteveB wrote:
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote:

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Some will tie a garbage bag on them, I like to give mine coat of Johnson's
Floor Wax.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

You need to upgrade the dish. The tiny dishes they give you by default
are inadequate in areas of snow, heavy ran, etc. There are alternate
dishes in the 3' range or so that work a lot better in marginal areas.
As for coatings, silicone spray is what you typically use on a snow
blower, so it should work ok on a dish as well assuming it's at enough
of an angle. The "real" dishes in snow areas are often heated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:01:59 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

I used RainX, but have heard that Pam works OK, too. I preferred the
RainX because it lasted longer. I no longer use the dish, so it's a
moot point for me now.

TV? Just Say NO!

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:01:59 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

Yes, it is true. Snow and ice do absorb satellite signals. A dish
cover for about $30 works quite well.
http://www.montanasatellite.com/sate...ish_covers.htm

I need to occasionally knock heavy wet November and March snow off of
mine, but only two or three times per winter. Most of the time it
sheds it pretty well without assistance.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

Why do you think commercial dishes have de-icers?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

It is true. I've had it happen here in Apple Valley. Rarely, mind you,
but it does happen. I haven't tried Pam but it might work.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish
to knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat
from Las Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray
Pam or something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

It is true. I've had it happen here in Apple Valley. Rarely, mind you,
but it does happen. I haven't tried Pam but it might work.

Jim

Sumbitch. Went up there this morning, and knocked off the snow, and it
works perfectly. AND I MISSED THE SECOND HALF OF THE SUPER BOWL. Somebody
slap me.

But it's okay. Now I get HGTV more clearly!

Steve ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:55:44 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
"David R. Birch" quickly quoth:

SteveB wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
Superbowl halftime and the signal goes out.

Just beautiful.

Steve

Now, after the game, my wife says her SIL takes a broom and hits the dish to
knock off the snow. It was snowing at the time. I'm a desert rat from Las
Vegas, what do I know from snow? Is this true, and can I spray Pam or
something else on there to keep the snow from sticking?

Steve

Buy broom, send out wife in snowstorm.

Heavens, it's not safe for her to fly in that kind of weather!

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They sell a cover for your satellite dish. Cheap in cost, and your
wife will love it.

B.T.W. buy her a bigger broom so that she can swipe at the snow in the
walkway. BFG
Rayd

Buy broom, send out wife in snowstorm.

David