Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Knob and Tube BETA-33

On Feb 3, 11:52Â*pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:32�pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
call your homeowners insurance company see if they cover K&T wiring...

If they wrote the policy, they cover it...quit the d---'d FUD crap.

today insurance companies go out of their way to not pay off, and some
people dont inform their insurers of risks till a fire occurs, then
insurance researches the owners activities, and occasionally doesnt pay

Unless the homeowner deliberately conceals a situation, there's no basis
for not paying the claim.

You've been afforded the opportunity to previously document a single
verifiable case of the above problem.

It is nothing but FUD.

--

shall we discuss how insurance is supposed to cover storm damage, so
insurance companies now call it flood damage and refuse to pay, saying

even 10 years ago insurance was dependable, pay the premium, relax
they pay.

in my immediate neighborhood a main water line burst, nearly washing
away a home. took out basement walls, etc. nearly totaled the home.

the water companies insurance refused to pay because water was shut
off within a half hour.

water company is a muncipality, so it cant be sued.

homeowners refused to pay too.

the whole mess is in court, the family had to borrow money from family
and friends to stabiilize their home.

years ago such stuff didnt occur..........

now why defend K&T its obsolete, undersized, lacks grounding a basic
safety issue,,,,, geez its likely a 100 years old.

in that time how many times has the home got?

a new roof?

been repainted?

new carpeting?

new furnace?

new hot water tank?

how many new cars have owners of that home bought since K&T was new?

whats it cost to replace all the K&T? perhaps 5 grand?

now compare that 5 grand with one new roof............

you know no one really owns a home, since they tend to outlive people.

we are really stewards of probably the most expensive thing we will
ever buy.

and homes wear out, and need continious repairs and upgrades.

so why fight new wiring?

perhaps your home is the worst on the street? with broken side walks,
roof patched with tarps, and the interior a shambles?

while you proudly say its fine?

maintaing upgrading and taking care of your home pays off big time at
home resale time, in faster sale and much more money.

replacing K&T isnt money wasted, its money invested........