Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Can you replace Dremel bearings

Mark F wrote:
wrote:
I'm posting this here, because I figure a lot of you guys have dremels
and are used to fixing things. So, can the Dremel motor bearings be
replaced? Mine goes crazy above 1/2 speed. And where can I get the
bearings?

It may be that the bearings are loose in the housing. new
housings are cheaper than the rotor assembly, and you can
even try shimming them - with paper etc. /mark

The front bearing on mine is shimmed with a strip cut from an aluminum
pie pan . It was too loose to get a decent finish when I used it as a
(light duty) toolpost grinder . Does fine now .
--
Snag