Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavalamb himself cavalamb himself is offline

Default 48 volt car elect not going to happen

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

I worked for the local cable company for over 18 years.... and at that
time, the plant was powered with 60Volt AC. We did all the splicing,
coring of the cable, etc., while AC was on and occasionally would get
a bite. Worst was while it was raining and everything was wet....
however, I understand the entire system is now powered with 90 Volt
AC. We never died.....
Ken.

I accidentally fully grabbed a flyback transformer. Working on televisions
at the age of 15 back in the 50's. I stared at that hand for about 4-5
seconds totally unable to uncurl my fingers. Then I remembered why my older
mentor had told me to keep one hand in my pocket. Used the free hand to
unplug the cheater cord from the back of the telly. BTW, I just now
realized why they must have designed those cords to plug into the set
instead of hard-wiring them with strain reliefs etc.

Ivan Vegvary

Sometimes it takes a while...