Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Can you replace Dremel bearings

wrote:
I'm posting this here, because I figure a lot of you guys have dremels
and are used to fixing things. So, can the Dremel motor bearings be
replaced? Mine goes crazy above 1/2 speed. And where can I get the
bearings?

I doubt you will be able to replace the bearings on your Dremel for less than the cost of
a new tool when you factor in your valuable time and fuel. However, I am also one who
will spend US$300 in time and money to accomplish almost as much good as tossing the old
tool and buying a new one for US$50. Just Because.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dremel-Moto-Tool...QQcmdZViewItem

When in doubt, ask the Horse, because the problem may not be bearings:
http://www.dremel.com/en-us/customer-service/faq/

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/customer...nd-literature/

Bring the bearings to your local bearing supplier to get them matched.
Be sure to mention that you will run them at 40,000 RPM.

I guess Dremel sells the armature and bearings as an assembly because pressing them in
place is done easier at the factory. 26 bucks for the assembly or thirty for a new tool
and accessories on eBay. Hmmmm.

--Winston