Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
You're the one who claimed the water wasn't grounded. I've pointed
out several ways the water could be grounded. Do try to keep up.

And if the water is "in contact with the ground at some
point", do you think that will cause a complete circuit
through any individual standing in that water??? How?

It's called the path of least resistance. You really don't understand
basic electric theory do you?

And you don't seem to have *any* idea where the least
resistance is. It is rather obvious that you have never
done any of the basic exercises for the study of this
type of problem.

A bit hilarious when you claim someone else doesn't
understand electric theory.

In other words you have no answer. That's about what I expected.

I just gave you the answer. You don't understand it.

Each of your mistatements is funnier though!

Here's an idea for you. Set up a grid of dots on paper,
1/4 inch apart. Make it a 10 columns with 11 rows grid.
Now assume that between each point there is a resistance
of 1 Ohm. Apply 1 volt between columns 5 and 6 of the
6th row. Calculate the current flow between each and
every point on the 1st column, the last column, the top
row and the bottom row.

You'll start to get an idea why your "electrified pool"
isn't actually as dangerous as you think.

Son, you don't even have the first clue about what I think. Why on Earth
would you make such claims?

If what you've been saying is not what you think, then
why are you repeatedly saying it? We do have clue here
about what you think, because you keep telling us what
it is. How could anyone miss?

It's clear that you don't have a clue about what I think because you
continue to argue a lost cause. QED.

The difficulty is getting you to understand the topic.

Not at all son. The topic is that the photo was staged and you claimed
otherwise. You are clearly wrong.

Things like bringing up "path of least resistance", and
then claiming that a path with many megohms of
resistance is significant. It's not hard to see what
you think, and to realize that you just do not
understand the example before you.

Horse****. There is a hell of a lot of difference between not understanding
and not accepting your misdirection. You lost any credibility when you said
the photo wasn't staged and no matter how much you whine about it now you
are still wrong.

Didn't you ever see power company linemen working on
hot wires in the rain? Think about it!

As for your example, it's obvious that you have no clue about power
systems. One volt? Ha! only an imbicile like you would use a low voltage
system to prove a point about household electricity safety.

It's a standard exercise for Electrical Engineering
studies. Only an ignorant person would not realize that
doing it at 1 volt makes the problem easier to
calculate, and that interpolating it to "household
electricity" simply requires multiplying by 120, 240, or
whatever value you want it to be.

You miss my point entirely while smearing egg all over your face. Your
ignorant claim that "doing it at 1 volt makes the problem easier to
calculate" shows that you've never learned algebra. Floyd, it doesn't
matter if you multiply by your desired current at the beginning or end of
the problem, the calculations are exactly the same.

It won't make any difference, because the point is that
when you determine where that "path of least resistance"
is, one of the things you find is that it is *not* out
there on the periphery.

Again, you miss the point entirely. I told you to draw the paths. You pick
a particular example that doesn't describe the danger. Your example proves
nothing about the total system safety for the case in point. Got it?

When you have something useful to post, please do so. Otherwise, go back
to your high school studies and try to learn something. Okay?

I probably did understand more about that when I was in
HS than you do now. But I'm a retired old fart, with a
lot of very gray whiskers.

Your manner makes it clear that you lack experience and wisdom but you have
some rudimentary writing skill so you are classified as high school.
However your claim to be better than your correspondent does knock you down
a notch to junior high. Sorry about that.

Maybe you should try to learn something rather than spouting off with
ludicrous claims. Now, junior high boy, go try to learn something before
you make more ridiculous claims about whether or not a photo is staged.

It seems that all you can do is post gratuitious
personal insults; but the topic of this thread is about
electricity, and you don't seem to have even the most
basic understanding of how it works.

You probably think if someone is sitting in the bathtub
and drops an electric hair dry, plugged in and working,
into the water that they will be electrocuted... and
who knows how many other myths!

Whatever, when you figure out that the problem I gave
you is not solved with algrebra, and that it is indeed a
lot easier to work with using 1 volt and 1 ohm, come
back and I'll teach you a few other neat things about
electricity.

In the mean time, keep your day job, because electrical
theory is never going to pay your bills. (Not that you
couldn't be trained to wire a house by rote and by note;
but someone else is going to have to set the rules.)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)