Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

They appear to be rubber swim suits - though still isn't ok.

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
news:c3d2deedabc7272237512fec11007395np@goofysplac e.com...
Terry wrote:

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Damn!
--

-G

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry, 1/27/2008,4:25:18 PM, wrote:

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

It would probably be best if it wasn't a GFCI. The gene pool needs to
be thinned out a bit in this case.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 5:39*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
Terry, 1/27/2008,4:25:18 PM, wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

It would probably be best if it wasn't a GFCI. *The gene pool needs to
be thinned out a bit in this case.

I tend to agree with you on this one. They are too stupid to be
allowed to reproduce but probably already have and that is really too
bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not to change the subject of their idiocy, what country are they located in?

The plug ends don't look like what's normally used in North America.

"Terry" wrote in message
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

"Terry" wrote in message
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Some Germans having some fun with a (not plugged in) power bar and
extension cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:01:19 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
wrote:

Not to change the subject of their idiocy, what country are they located in?

The plug ends don't look like what's normally used in North America.

This pic was in another group and is old by days/weeks. They (folks)
were referred too as Germans.

I strongly suspect the wire was not plugged in, but that's just me.

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
a wrote in news:rS9nj.43782$fj2.9330@edtnps82:

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.

There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.

Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

I've drug my long one through the pool to get to the other side with the
blower and edger. BUT, the open ends with the connectors weren't in the
water.

Those Bubbas look like they wouldn't notice a little 110 shock. Might even
cook a little fat off of them. Looks like they DID take a couple of
precautions at least ...... the rubber shoes to support the MOS, the
electricians tape to hold the splitting maul on to the extension cord, wood
table top. Probably subconscious and unplanned, but better than nothing.

Is that a splitting maul? Is that to take the hot cord into the pool and
make the inevitable quicker, or to help it fall outward from the water?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.

There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.

Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

Well, you can be the first one to do a belly buster into the pool then.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.

There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.

Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/...m_DSCN7830.JPG

No, not staged...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Allison wrote:

Terry wrote:

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.
There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.
Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

Well, you can be the first one to do a belly buster into the pool then.

Not a problem. (Actually, I've set up something fairly
similar to that, and been in the water.)

There is no circuit path through the water, or through any person
in the water (unless you're dumb enough to go up there and grab onto
a wet wire).

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

a wrote:

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.
There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.
Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/...m_DSCN7830.JPG

No, not staged...

Doesn't look like they are being electrocuted to me... ;-)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 9:36�am, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
a wrote:

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)
Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.
There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.
Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... �and thus not a risk.

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/...m_DSCN7830.JPG

No, not staged...

Doesn't look like they are being electrocuted to me... ;-)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) � � � � � � - Hide quoted text -

awhile ago there was a photo of a workman standing on a ladder in a
commercial pool drilling into the cieling.........

a isolation transformer would be a excellent move to increase safety
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
news

"Terry" wrote in message
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

I've drug my long one through the pool to get to the other side with the
blower and edger. BUT, the open ends with the connectors weren't in the
water.

Those Bubbas look like they wouldn't notice a little 110 shock.

How about 220-240? That's the voltage in germany, I read.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"SteveB" wrote in message
news

"Terry" wrote in message
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

I've drug my long one through the pool to get to the other side with the
blower and edger. BUT, the open ends with the connectors weren't in the
water.

Those Bubbas look like they wouldn't notice a little 110 shock.

How about 220-240? That's the voltage in germany, I read.

No, that's the voltage in Europe. I know.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 9:34*am, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Robert Allison wrote:

Terry wrote:

Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)
Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.
There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.
Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... *and thus not a risk.

Well, you can be the first one to do a belly buster into the pool then.

Not a problem. *(Actually, I've set up something fairly
similar to that, and been in the water.)

There is no circuit path through the water, or through any person
in the water (unless you're dumb enough to go up there and grab onto
a wet wire).

I'd say that someone dumb enough to do what was shown in the photo is
likely dumb enough to grab the wet wire. Aside from that, endorsing
this practice by saying "It's not a problem", ignores other very
obvious risks. Like having one foot in the pool, the other on earth
while getting in. Or to grab a beer can being handed to them by
someone standing next to the pool. Or to grab some nearby metal
outside the pool. Or how about if there happens to be a tiny leak in
the pool under a persons foot?

And endorsing this by saying "It's not a problem", assumes everyone
in and around the pool knows the rules of current flow, remembers
those rules while consuming a dozen beers, and doesn't make some
simple mistakes. How about the 8 year old kid who gets into the
pool, while no one is looking?

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) * * * * * * - Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

What you don't know is that it was the wifes idea.
Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

Robert Allison wrote:

Terry wrote:

[...]

I have to agree with this thing being staged as a prank. There's nothing
cooking on the grill, and no paraphernalia associated with grilling. The
whole rest of the table space is consumed by beer bottles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

Robert Allison wrote:

Terry wrote:

[...]

Look at the other pictures of the series.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lou" wrote in message
What you don't know is that it was the wifes idea.
Lou

Mine, too. I have never been to Europe, but she has extensively. I saw the
appliance adapters and asked what they were for, hence, I know.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Staged.

Maybe. Maybe distilled water in the pool? (ok, that's staged too)

Nothing looks "staged", or phoney for that matter.

There is no return path to complete a circuit, as long
as nobody goes to handling those cord with wet hands.

Whether the water is a conductor or not, it is not
grounded... and thus not a risk.

You need to learn just a little bit about AC circuits.

Maybe the problem is that I've got several decades of
experience...

Where exactly is
neutral wire connected? Might the water be in contact with the neutral at
some point?

Sure. Now, how do *you* get yourself between the that
contact and the point where it contacts the hot lead?
That's the only way you will form any kind of a complete
circuit.

Might the water be in contact with the ground at some point.

So?

Might someone be getting in or out of the pool at some point? Might someone
standing outside the pool hand something to someone in the pool?

So?

Of course it is staged - no one with any sense at all (common or otherwise)
would pull this type of stunt. Maybe you think its ok but that just means
you have no sense at all.

I've seen essentially the same thing done, live.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:
Clark wrote:
You need to learn just a little bit about AC circuits.

Maybe the problem is that I've got several decades of
experience...

And maybe the problem is you have zero experience with AC circuits. It's
fairly obvious to me that you have no experience at all.

Keep trying, but *you* are not making sense.

Try drawing a diagram showing the current density in any
circuit you can think of to match that example. Then
you'll get the picture.

Where exactly is
neutral wire connected? Might the water be in contact with the neutral at
some point?

Sure. Now, how do *you* get yourself between the that
contact and the point where it contacts the hot lead?
That's the only way you will form any kind of a complete
circuit.

Draw the possible paths. Take your time. I'm sure you'll be able to answer
your own question if you just stop and think for a minute.

Might the water be in contact with the ground at some point.

So?

You're the one who claimed the water wasn't grounded. I've pointed out
several ways the water could be grounded. Do try to keep up.

And if the water is "in contact with the ground at some
point", do you think that will cause a complete circuit
through any individual standing in that water??? How?

What do you think the relative resistance of tap water
is per say 5 linear feet?

What you haven't pointed out is how anyone is
necessarily going to be part of a circuit that will
carry more than perhaps microamps.

Might someone be getting in or out of the pool at some point? Might

someone
standing outside the pool hand something to someone in the pool?

So?

Of course it is staged - no one with any sense at all (common or

otherwise)
would pull this type of stunt. Maybe you think its ok but that just means
you have no sense at all.

I've seen essentially the same thing done, live.

And your baseless claim somehow makes it not staged? Of course it doesn't.
It was quite obviously staged for some pictures to put on the internet.
Next up is idiots like you claiming it's ok to do it.

Well, I did *not* say it was "ok to do it". I certainly
would not recommend that *you* try it! :-)

For someone who knows what they're doing, it isn't
exactly dangerous. But for you it clearly would be.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 11:19*pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:
Clark wrote:
[...]

Excuse me but, yes you did say it was OK when you posted this:

"Not a problem. (Actually, I've set up something fairly
similar to that, and been in the water.)

There is no circuit path through the water, or through any person
in the water (unless you're dumb enough to go up there and grab onto
a wet wire). "

As Clark has pointed out to you, there are many possible paths for
current flow that could kill someone if they do this. People
typically get in a pool like this one leg at a time. That gives you
one foot on earth, one in the pool. Or someone standing outside the
pool could hand a person in the pool another beer can, completing a
path. Or someone in the pool could reach out and touch some metal
outside the pool that is earthed. Any of those together with the hot
being in contact with the pool water could give you enough current to
kill someone, depending on how close the person was to the hot lead
that was in contact with water, how much surface area was involved,
etc.

The fact that you set up this kind of thing and got in the water
speaks volumes. Maybe you want to take these kinds of risks, but that
doesn't make it "OK" I'd submit that if someone set up what was
pictured and encouraged people to get in or told them it was OK and it
resulted in a fatality, they may very well face criminal charges.

For someone who knows what they're doing, it isn't
exactly dangerous. *But for you it clearly would be.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) * * * * * * - Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to a :

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/...m_DSCN7830.JPG

No, not staged...

You can tell from the picture whether the power bar was
_ever_ plugged in? I can't.

The only evidence that there may have ever been power anywhere
near it is the pump pack, and that doesn't appear to be plugged
in, and there doesn't appear to be a power cord near it.

The whole sequence is about some guys clowning around. The
power bar is just more of the same.
--
Chris Lewis,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:
Clark wrote:
You need to learn just a little bit about AC circuits.

Maybe the problem is that I've got several decades of
experience...

And maybe the problem is you have zero experience with AC circuits. It's
fairly obvious to me that you have no experience at all.

Keep trying, but *you* are not making sense.

Try drawing a diagram showing the current density in any
circuit you can think of to match that example. Then
you'll get the picture.

Floyd you were assigned the excercise and I see that you cannot complete
it. Thank you for proving my point that you lack the experience to even
begin to understand the problem. Do try to keep up rather than trying to
avoid real understanding. Okay?

Statements like that get really funny when we get into
the details down below.

[...]

It's called the path of least resistance. You really don't understand basic
electric theory do you?

And you don't seem to have *any* idea where the least
resistance is. It is rather obvious that you have never
done any of the basic exercises for the study of this
type of problem.

A bit hilarious when you claim someone else doesn't
understand electric theory.

Here's an idea for you. Set up a grid of dots on paper,
1/4 inch apart. Make it a 10 columns with 11 rows grid.
Now assume that between each point there is a resistance
of 1 Ohm. Apply 1 volt between columns 5 and 6 of the
6th row. Calculate the current flow between each and
every point on the 1st column, the last column, the top
row and the bottom row.

You'll start to get an idea why your "electrified pool"
isn't actually as dangerous as you think.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

(Chris Lewis) wrote:
According to a :

Right, and another photo from the original site:
http://www.linuxno.de/_data/gallery/...m_DSCN7830.JPG

No, not staged...

You can tell from the picture whether the power bar was
_ever_ plugged in? I can't.

The only evidence that there may have ever been power anywhere
near it is the pump pack, and that doesn't appear to be plugged
in, and there doesn't appear to be a power cord near it.

The whole sequence is about some guys clowning around. The
power bar is just more of the same.

Why do that have pictures of toast on the grill in the
center of the pool?

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 4:25*pm, Terry wrote:
Here is a pic sent to me by a fellow electrician.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2w3dt3s.jpg

I sure hope they are using a GFCI

Probably fake. No way to tell if it's actually plugged in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Terry wrote:
[...]

They appear drunk enough to do stupid stuff like this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
wrote:
And your baseless claim somehow makes it not staged? Of course it doesn't.
It was quite obviously staged for some pictures to put on the internet.
Next up is idiots like you claiming it's ok to do it.
Well, I did *not* say it was "ok to do it". I certainly
would not recommend that *you* try it! :-)

Excuse me but, yes you did say it was OK when you posted this:

"Not a problem. (Actually, I've set up something fairly
similar to that, and been in the water.)

There is no circuit path through the water, or through any person
in the water (unless you're dumb enough to go up there and grab onto
a wet wire). "

Nothing there says anything about it being "ok to do it" for dummies.

As Clark has pointed out to you, there are many possible paths for
current flow that could kill someone if they do this.

He hasn't pointed out one yet. He *has* demonstrated
that he doesn't understand circuits though.

People
typically get in a pool like this one leg at a time. That gives you
one foot on earth, one in the pool. Or someone standing outside the
pool could hand a person in the pool another beer can, completing a
path. Or someone in the pool could reach out and touch some metal
outside the pool that is earthed.

You finally hit one that probably would be dangerous.
Grabbing onto a grounded metal object would not be a
smart thing to do.

All of the above would give a dangerous situation if the cord was
actually plugged in and in contact with the water.

Any of those together with the hot
being in contact with the pool water could give you enough current to
kill someone, depending on how close the person was to the hot lead
that was in contact with water, how much surface area was involved,
etc.

A rather large bit of "depends"...

The fact that you set up this kind of thing and got in the water
speaks volumes. Maybe you want to take these kinds of risks, but that
doesn't make it "OK" I'd submit that if someone set up what was
pictured and encouraged people to get in or told them it was OK and it
resulted in a fatality, they may very well face criminal charges.

And if it didn't, they wouldn't.

The risk would be much greater that you'll die in a car
accident from home to this place, or heading back home
afterwards.

Does that make the person who invited you a criminal too?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike Dobony wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I'm sure you think so, but it just isn't true.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
You're the one who claimed the water wasn't grounded. I've pointed out
several ways the water could be grounded. Do try to keep up.

And if the water is "in contact with the ground at some
point", do you think that will cause a complete circuit
through any individual standing in that water??? How?

It's called the path of least resistance. You really don't understand basic
electric theory do you?

And you don't seem to have *any* idea where the least
resistance is. It is rather obvious that you have never
done any of the basic exercises for the study of this
type of problem.

A bit hilarious when you claim someone else doesn't
understand electric theory.

In other words you have no answer. That's about what I expected.

I just gave you the answer. You don't understand it.

Each of your mistatements is funnier though!

Here's an idea for you. Set up a grid of dots on paper,
1/4 inch apart. Make it a 10 columns with 11 rows grid.
Now assume that between each point there is a resistance
of 1 Ohm. Apply 1 volt between columns 5 and 6 of the
6th row. Calculate the current flow between each and
every point on the 1st column, the last column, the top
row and the bottom row.

You'll start to get an idea why your "electrified pool"
isn't actually as dangerous as you think.

Son, you don't even have the first clue about what I think. Why on Earth
would you make such claims?

If what you've been saying is not what you think, then
why are you repeatedly saying it? We do have clue here
about what you think, because you keep telling us what
it is. How could anyone miss?

The difficulty is getting you to understand the topic.

Things like bringing up "path of least resistance", and
then claiming that a path with many megohms of
resistance is significant. It's not hard to see what
you think, and to realize that you just do not
understand the example before you.

Didn't you ever see power company linemen working on
hot wires in the rain? Think about it!

As for your example, it's obvious that you have no clue about power
systems. One volt? Ha! only an imbicile like you would use a low voltage
system to prove a point about household electricity safety.

It's a standard exercise for Electrical Engineering
studies. Only an ignorant person would not realize that
doing it at 1 volt makes the problem easier to
calculate, and that interpolating it to "household
electricity" simply requires multiplying by 120, 240, or
whatever value you want it to be.

It won't make any difference, because the point is that
when you determine where that "path of least resistance"
is, one of the things you find is that it is *not* out
there on the periphery.

When you have something useful to post, please do so. Otherwise, go back to
your high school studies and try to learn something. Okay?

I probably did understand more about that when I was in
HS than you do now. But I'm a retired old fart, with a
lot of very gray whiskers.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
[...]

It's clear that you don't have a clue about what I think because you
continue to argue a lost cause. QED.

The difficulty is getting you to understand the topic.

Not at all son. The topic is that the photo was staged and you claimed
otherwise. You are clearly wrong.

Things like bringing up "path of least resistance", and
then claiming that a path with many megohms of
resistance is significant. It's not hard to see what
you think, and to realize that you just do not
understand the example before you.

Horse****. There is a hell of a lot of difference between not understanding
and not accepting your misdirection. You lost any credibility when you said
the photo wasn't staged and no matter how much you whine about it now you
are still wrong.

Didn't you ever see power company linemen working on
hot wires in the rain? Think about it!

As for your example, it's obvious that you have no clue about power
systems. One volt? Ha! only an imbicile like you would use a low voltage
system to prove a point about household electricity safety.

It's a standard exercise for Electrical Engineering
studies. Only an ignorant person would not realize that
doing it at 1 volt makes the problem easier to
calculate, and that interpolating it to "household
electricity" simply requires multiplying by 120, 240, or
whatever value you want it to be.

You miss my point entirely while smearing egg all over your face. Your
ignorant claim that "doing it at 1 volt makes the problem easier to
calculate" shows that you've never learned algebra. Floyd, it doesn't
matter if you multiply by your desired current at the beginning or end of
the problem, the calculations are exactly the same.

It won't make any difference, because the point is that
when you determine where that "path of least resistance"
is, one of the things you find is that it is *not* out
there on the periphery.

Again, you miss the point entirely. I told you to draw the paths. You pick
a particular example that doesn't describe the danger. Your example proves
nothing about the total system safety for the case in point. Got it?

When you have something useful to post, please do so. Otherwise, go back
to your high school studies and try to learn something. Okay?

I probably did understand more about that when I was in
HS than you do now. But I'm a retired old fart, with a
lot of very gray whiskers.

Your manner makes it clear that you lack experience and wisdom but you have
some rudimentary writing skill so you are classified as high school.
However your claim to be better than your correspondent does knock you down
a notch to junior high. Sorry about that.

Maybe you should try to learn something rather than spouting off with
ludicrous claims. Now, junior high boy, go try to learn something before
you make more ridiculous claims about whether or not a photo is staged.

It seems that all you can do is post gratuitious
personal insults; but the topic of this thread is about
electricity, and you don't seem to have even the most
basic understanding of how it works.

You probably think if someone is sitting in the bathtub
and drops an electric hair dry, plugged in and working,
into the water that they will be electrocuted... and
who knows how many other myths!

Whatever, when you figure out that the problem I gave
you is not solved with algrebra, and that it is indeed a
lot easier to work with using 1 volt and 1 ohm, come
back and I'll teach you a few other neat things about
electricity.

In the mean time, keep your day job, because electrical
theory is never going to pay your bills. (Not that you
couldn't be trained to wire a house by rote and by note;
but someone else is going to have to set the rules.)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 1:34*pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in
:

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C1A9629482 60

2 Electrocuted in Bathtub
UPI
Published: October 30, 1984
An electric hair dryer fell into a bathtub while two children were
bathing tonight, electrocuting the 8-year- old girl and her 6-year-old
brother, the authorities said.

The children, Sandra and Shawn Austin, were pronounced dead at Fort
Worth hospitals, the police said. Officers said the children were
found by an older sister when she went to check on them. The sister
told the police she had placed the hair dryer on a shelf or on a sink
in the bathroom, but officers did not know how it was knocked or fell
into the tub. "

Idiot

Whatever, when you figure out that the problem I gave
you is not solved with algrebra, and that it is indeed a
lot easier to work with using 1 volt and 1 ohm, come
back and I'll teach you a few other neat things about
electricity.

In the mean time, keep your day job, because electrical
theory is never going to pay your bills. *(Not that you
couldn't be trained to wire a house by rote and by note;
but someone else is going to have to set the rules.)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) * * * * * * - Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Appropriately signed, Idiot.

But when you have to go back a quarter of a century to
find an example where that is claimed, maybe the claim
isn't so good.

Regardless, two children... who don't know enough to
just pick it up and throw it out. Or to just step out,
and probably aren't big enough to do that without
grabbing onto something... like the water spigot (which
in fact will get you electrocuted).

But the average adult who has that experience survives
without even getting a tingle from it.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TROLLS Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

TROLLS

Posted to alt.home.repair

TROLLS