Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default How to Cut Kindling?

"BRG" wrote in message
chris French wrote:
In message
,
Weatherlawyer writes
On Feb 2, 8:41 pm, chris French
wrote:

It obviously makes some people feel better to make smart arse, or
just plain rude comments, rather than anything helpful, or just
keeping their mouth shut.

Forget them and move on, most people most of the time here are
helpful.

I agree with that too. But blimey! Where do you start? I dare say
someone will pop a great idea up for patenting, hollow logs or
something.

Still, this is a help group. But, blimey!

Yep, sometimes I see questions that I think, 'what, that's so obvious
as to not need a question. but I'd suggest that if someone isn't able
to post a helpful reply to genuine question - even if the think the
question is stupid question they just move on to the next thread.

Firstly, I never consider any question a stupid one.

Would you then rather the advice not be given, even if it is actually
true - surely it's not the purpose of this group to give just the advice
that someone wants to hear - even if it is said rather plainly (which
seems to be the problem with one or two here)?

Or would rather me have made some rather inane statement (like some in
this thread) that really would not ease the ignorance of the OP and
perhaps cause injury - it's too late when the fingers are gone.

I didn't think it was stupid, inane or troll-like.

Not that my opinion matters :-)

Mary

BRG