Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Testing FatMax TLM 100 laser measure

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 22:08:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

I forgot to ask you: what laser level do you like? I'm still using string
levels and a Hoppy transit, but the laser levels look interesting.

I found a nice little guy, a StraitLine Intersect, on eBay for $15
delivered. It works well for both walls and floors. Here ya go: $12.50
http://tinyurl.com/36pl8c Good for about 1/8" accuracy on most jobs.

The rotary lasers and laser transits are too pricy for me as yet.
Maybe next year. I'll continue to use water or string levels for decks
and such. Wow, this AccuLine system ($400 the last time I looked) is
now 1/2 that and going for less on eBay. Hmm...
http://tinyurl.com/32vqrz

Work is starting to pick up again, despite the rain, so I'm going to
be picking up that mini-mill -before- I sell my old F-150.

Oh, I found sticks of UniStrut at Blowes for $15 (low holey profile)
and $20 (tall, unholey stuff.) That beats Grover's $47 price. Now to
wait for a sunny day to install it so I can start hanging things
inside my pickemup bed. I have an errant ladder which needs taming,
despite the locked chain. If anyone wants some, look in the
electrical section next to the conduit.

--
I think this is the crux of the global warming media hype (not some of
the science). Gobal warming research and it's ugly step-sister, the

A Liberal, Environmentally Friendly, Global Warming, Anti-Hype Lad
James, 11Jan07 on Weather Channel's "One Degree" hype site