Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Testing FatMax TLM 100 laser measure

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas, and
I've started to calibrate it. So far I've tested it at 3 ft., 6 ft., and 10
ft. It's consistently reading within +/- 1/16 in. versus my 30 ft. Stanley
Leverlock steel tape.

Has anyone else tested one? I'm very interested to see what results others
are getting. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to check it at 100 ft. on
the floor of a basketball court, to avoid big cosine errors with the tape. I
have three Stanley 100 ft. tapes of different vintages, and I'm interested,
also, to see how they read against each other.

So far this TLM 100 has been very useful and easy to use. I'm startled to
see how accurate it is. Stanley only guarantees it to +/- 1/4 in. My gut
feeling is that it's the same basic innards as the more expensive versions
(mine was $99), but that Stanley either de-rates this one to encourage sales
of the more expensive models, or else they don't test the cheap version and
leave the extra margin for manufacturing variations. If so, I got lucky.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:31:45 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas, and

Just out of curiosity, what would prompt a person to give an _editor_
a construction measurement tool, Ed? Been moonlightin', have ya?

I've started to calibrate it. So far I've tested it at 3 ft., 6 ft., and 10
ft. It's consistently reading within +/- 1/16 in. versus my 30 ft. Stanley
Leverlock steel tape.

That's excellent. You'll find that hard to do within any given
assortment of steel tapes. One thing I learned early on in my
woodworking hobby (now career) was to always use the same tape on any
given project, especially things like built-ins and cabinetry. A 1/8"
variation between tapes is quite common.

So far this TLM 100 has been very useful and easy to use. I'm startled to
see how accurate it is. Stanley only guarantees it to +/- 1/4 in. My gut
feeling is that it's the same basic innards as the more expensive versions
(mine was $99), but that Stanley either de-rates this one to encourage sales
of the more expensive models, or else they don't test the cheap version and
leave the extra margin for manufacturing variations. If so, I got lucky.

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:31:45 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas,
and

Just out of curiosity, what would prompt a person to give an _editor_
a construction measurement tool, Ed? Been moonlightin', have ya?

The editor in question has several hobbies, of which the primary one is
keeping his 84-year-old house from falling apart. The house is winning, but
the editor has a plan. He'll let the termites do most of the demolition
work. Said editor also has re-roofed his house and detached garage and
rebuilt the walls of the garage, replacing all studs and sill plates.
Everything in the garage now is heavily poisoned to keep the termites from
fighting with the carpenter ants and making too much noise.

The editor also has, you know, in addition to a SB 10L lathe, a drill press,
two tablesaws, a bandsaw, a jointer, and large floor-mount disk sanders
powered by ancient motors (and has owned a knee mill and surface grinder in
years past), and has built a couple of small boats and a steam engine, not
to mention two racecars in decades long gone. He also has two lawnmowers, a
wife, and a dog. Practically everything in and out of the house has new
homemade bushings, where it has bushings, except for the wife and dog. Much
of my plumbing contains replacement parts that haven't been available for 50
years, but which I machined from old bronze prop shafts.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:24:20 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:31:45 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas,
and

Just out of curiosity, what would prompt a person to give an _editor_
a construction measurement tool, Ed? Been moonlightin', have ya?

The editor in question has several hobbies, of which the primary one is
keeping his 84-year-old house from falling apart. The house is winning, but
the editor has a plan. He'll let the termites do most of the demolition
work. Said editor also has re-roofed his house and detached garage and
rebuilt the walls of the garage, replacing all studs and sill plates.
Everything in the garage now is heavily poisoned to keep the termites from
fighting with the carpenter ants and making too much noise.

Condolences to said editor. My old house had lebenty seben armies of
termites when I abandoned it. Luckily, the old shack was in LoCal so I
had enough to buy a nice, larger, 35 year newer home in SoOr. The
termites haven't found me here...yet.

Did you use Borosil or the really poisonous stuff (most of which has
been outlawed by now)?

The editor also has, you know, in addition to a SB 10L lathe, a drill press,
two tablesaws, a bandsaw, a jointer, and large floor-mount disk sanders
powered by ancient motors (and has owned a knee mill and surface grinder in
years past), and has built a couple of small boats and a steam engine, not
to mention two racecars in decades long gone. He also has two lawnmowers, a
wife, and a dog. Practically everything in and out of the house has new
homemade bushings, where it has bushings, except for the wife and dog. Much
of my plumbing contains replacement parts that haven't been available for 50
years, but which I machined from old bronze prop shafts.

Ah, so you're not a one trick pony. Velly good, sport. Carry on.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas, and
I've started to calibrate it. So far I've tested it at 3 ft., 6 ft., and 10
ft. It's consistently reading within +/- 1/16 in. versus my 30 ft. Stanley
Leverlock steel tape.

I tested mine the same way out to the full 30' on my Powerlock and it
was dead on at every random point I tested it at.

Has anyone else tested one? I'm very interested to see what results others
are getting. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to check it at 100 ft. on
the floor of a basketball court, to avoid big cosine errors with the tape. I
have three Stanley 100 ft. tapes of different vintages, and I'm interested,
also, to see how they read against each other.

So far this TLM 100 has been very useful and easy to use. I'm startled to
see how accurate it is. Stanley only guarantees it to +/- 1/4 in. My gut
feeling is that it's the same basic innards as the more expensive versions
(mine was $99), but that Stanley either de-rates this one to encourage sales
of the more expensive models, or else they don't test the cheap version and
leave the extra margin for manufacturing variations. If so, I got lucky.

If you look in the back you'll note the indications that it uses Leica
Swiss technology, and is made in Austria. Basically it's the little
brother to the big 600' range lasers, in a more compact package, limited
to 100' and a whole lot cheaper. Great little unit. Harbor Freight seems
to be carrying it for $89.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:24:20 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I got rid of my varmint rifle a while back or I could have some fun doing
it.

Did you use Borosil or the really poisonous stuff (most of which has
been outlawed by now)?

The garage is heavily doped with Cuprinol. It's a nice shade of green on the
inside, roughly four feet up the studs. I did that 20 years ago, really
because of rot in the sills, but it's also been termite-free since then.

The editor also has, you know, in addition to a SB 10L lathe, a drill
press,
two tablesaws, a bandsaw, a jointer, and large floor-mount disk sanders
powered by ancient motors (and has owned a knee mill and surface grinder
in
years past), and has built a couple of small boats and a steam engine, not
to mention two racecars in decades long gone. He also has two lawnmowers,
wife, and a dog. Practically everything in and out of the house has new
homemade bushings, where it has bushings, except for the wife and dog.
Much
of my plumbing contains replacement parts that haven't been available for
50
years, but which I machined from old bronze prop shafts.

Ah, so you're not a one trick pony. Velly good, sport. Carry on.

Yup, I can waste time making and fixing things that make no economic sense
just as well as anyone. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:46:58 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Condolences to said editor. My old house had lebenty seben armies of
termites when I abandoned it. Luckily, the old shack was in LoCal so I
had enough to buy a nice, larger, 35 year newer home in SoOr. The
termites haven't found me here...yet.

I got rid of my varmint rifle a while back or I could have some fun doing
it.

I'd never have been able to afford a new truck if I'd had to buy ammo
for all the wood munchers in that Vista house. Crikey, I'd have
outspent the DOD, even at .22 prices.

Did you use Borosil or the really poisonous stuff (most of which has
been outlawed by now)?

The garage is heavily doped with Cuprinol. It's a nice shade of green on the

http://www.cuprinol.com/ Bwahahahahahaha! Fidiots should have called
me. I'd have all their pages up and running in a day or three. sigh
The UK site works, though.

I've been using some really stinky stuff for cuts into PT wood lately.
Jasco Termin8 green and brown, now with two -different- stenches! I'd
prefer to self-spray something like Nisus' Bora-Care (oops, not
borosil) but the stuff is more strictly licensed than guns are here in
Oregon, despite the safety over much more poisonous termiticides.
Damned regulations. "They" want $3,500 to do the underside of my 1,700
s/f shop with attached house, and it'd take them under 3 hours. sigh

inside, roughly four feet up the studs. I did that 20 years ago, really
because of rot in the sills, but it's also been termite-free since then.

That's always favorable.

Ah, so you're not a one trick pony. Velly good, sport. Carry on.

Yup, I can waste time making and fixing things that make no economic sense
just as well as anyone. d8-)

As I said, carry on. g Then again, paying someone to refurb your
old house gets expensive in a hurry.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

In the house, I used some kind of foaming termite stuff around ten years ago
that also ran several feet up between the walls. I just filled the cavity
with foam. I forget what it was called. I think I've gotten the buggers,
finally, after years of struggling with them.

inside, roughly four feet up the studs. I did that 20 years ago, really
because of rot in the sills, but it's also been termite-free since then.

That's always favorable.

Ah, so you're not a one trick pony. Velly good, sport. Carry on.

Yup, I can waste time making and fixing things that make no economic sense
just as well as anyone. d8-)

As I said, carry on. g Then again, paying someone to refurb your
old house gets expensive in a hurry.

Oh, yeah. I should tell you about what I'm doing this weekend: snaking out
the tub drain, which is cast iron (yes, cast iron, not the welded-seam
galvanized steel stuff). Not fun. And then I have to hope the cast bronze
J-trap ($40 now for a direct replacement -- and the joint is a tapered,
machined joint that won't mate with anything else) fits back in properly.

I'd rather be ice fishing.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:40:11 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

In the house, I used some kind of foaming termite stuff around ten years ago
that also ran several feet up between the walls. I just filled the cavity
with foam. I forget what it was called. I think I've gotten the buggers,
finally, after years of struggling with them.

That's good. I wonder if the people who bought my house spent the $6k
the exterminator wanted to do the job. They've since fenced the yard
and put a dozen old cars behind it, and they have a couple dogs who
bark all the time, from what I understand. (Karma is finally coming to
those asshole neighbors who tied their dogs up in the back yards of
their condos while they were at work, driving me up the wall all day
and half the night long.)

Oh, yeah. I should tell you about what I'm doing this weekend: snaking out
the tub drain, which is cast iron (yes, cast iron, not the welded-seam
galvanized steel stuff). Not fun. And then I have to hope the cast bronze
J-trap ($40 now for a direct replacement -- and the joint is a tapered,
machined joint that won't mate with anything else) fits back in properly.

Luck be with you, sir. Plumbing is a Not Fun endeavor. Always.

I'd rather be ice fishing.

Brrr! Pass.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gary Owens" wrote in message
I bought one for my son for XMAS, he installs phone and computer cabling.
He loves the laser, he wanted a Hilti, but after I priced it, he got the
Stanley. He says he can measure out to 200 feet in dark spaces above false
ceilings and even in lit areas it will measure over 150 ft.
gary
Deltona, FL

Holy cow, I didn't realize it would read at all over 100 ft. Not that it's
something I would need, but I thought the thing had a built-in limit of 100
ft.

It certainly is a time- and grief-saver. When the weather is decent I'm
outside with mine, finally getting the vertical dimensions on my house so I
can finish drawing it in CAD.

--
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

I forgot to ask you: what laser level do you like? I'm still using string
levels and a Hoppy transit, but the laser levels look interesting.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Oh, yeah. I should tell you about what I'm doing this weekend: snaking out
the tub drain, which is cast iron (yes, cast iron, not the welded-seam
galvanized steel stuff). Not fun. And then I have to hope the cast bronze
J-trap ($40 now for a direct replacement -- and the joint is a tapered,
machined joint that won't mate with anything else) fits back in properly.

I'd rather be ice fishing.

Ah, yes. Old house plumbing. I remember it well. A big part of why I sold my
1856 brick house 12 years ago. The nightmares have diminished over time.

-Carl (don't even ask about the 1949 Fairbanks- Morse oil furnace. I am the
world's leading authority on that alleged heating appliance)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 03:11:25 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Oh, yeah. I should tell you about what I'm doing this weekend: snaking out
the tub drain, which is cast iron (yes, cast iron, not the welded-seam
galvanized steel stuff). Not fun. And then I have to hope the cast bronze
J-trap ($40 now for a direct replacement -- and the joint is a tapered,
machined joint that won't mate with anything else) fits back in properly.

I'd rather be ice fishing.

Ah, yes. Old house plumbing. I remember it well. A big part of why I sold my
1856 brick house 12 years ago. The nightmares have diminished over time.

-Carl (don't even ask about the 1949 Fairbanks- Morse oil furnace. I am the
world's leading authority on that alleged heating appliance)

This is why you have to know when an item is past the repairable
stage - time to give up, rip the whole mess out, and start over.

For furnaces, you patch it one last time to get to spring, then rip
the ******* out after the weather warms up a little.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Oh, yeah. I should tell you about what I'm doing this weekend: snaking
out the tub drain, which is cast iron (yes, cast iron, not the
welded-seam galvanized steel stuff). Not fun. And then I have to hope the
cast bronze J-trap ($40 now for a direct replacement -- and the joint is
a tapered, machined joint that won't mate with anything else) fits back
in properly.

I'd rather be ice fishing.

Ah, yes. Old house plumbing. I remember it well. A big part of why I sold
my 1856 brick house 12 years ago. The nightmares have diminished over
time.

-Carl (don't even ask about the 1949 Fairbanks- Morse oil furnace. I am
the world's leading authority on that alleged heating appliance)

I think we'll move after my son is out of college. I've about had it. My
furnace is an early -'50s Burnham Pacemaker that I had converted from oil to
gas 28 years ago, after my oil delivery company tried to put 350 gallons of
oil into my 220 gallon tank, which was 1/4 full at the time, and the balance
wound up on my basement floor.

That's the last time anyone else worked on my house, except for one paint
job. Nobody else could keep most of it going. g They'd have to rip things
out and replace stuff wholesale.

The blower on my furnace, for example, is powered by a little motor that the
maker tells me had a reasonable service life of five to eight years. It's
now 28 years later. The floating Oilite bearings on it have to be hand-oiled
every two months; the contact points on the centrifugal throwout switch for
the starting capacitor have to be filed and re-gapped every two years. I had
to remove and polish the armature shaft in the lathe when it seized up, the
first time the Oilites ran out of oil. Starting the system up every year
requires delicate balancing acts with water bleeds (it's an open hydronic
system) to avoid overpressure until it's been running for three days or so.
I have to rap the water pressure regulator with a wooden dowel to get it
working every season. g

If I had to write an instruction manual for someone else to keep it going,
it would be ten pages long. BTW, the reason I haven't replaced that blower
motor is that they don't make it, nor a replacement for it, anymore.

And don't get me started on the plumbing. I've had to turn faucet washer
seats from bronze shaft because they don't make them in this size anymore.
And I turned two faucet stems, a tapered gate valve, and a few other parts.
You really *need* a lathe to keep this house running.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 22:08:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

I forgot to ask you: what laser level do you like? I'm still using string
levels and a Hoppy transit, but the laser levels look interesting.

I found a nice little guy, a StraitLine Intersect, on eBay for $15
delivered. It works well for both walls and floors. Here ya go: $12.50
http://tinyurl.com/36pl8c Good for about 1/8" accuracy on most jobs.

The rotary lasers and laser transits are too pricy for me as yet.
Maybe next year. I'll continue to use water or string levels for decks
and such. Wow, this AccuLine system ($400 the last time I looked) is
now 1/2 that and going for less on eBay. Hmm...
http://tinyurl.com/32vqrz

Work is starting to pick up again, despite the rain, so I'm going to
be picking up that mini-mill -before- I sell my old F-150.

Oh, I found sticks of UniStrut at Blowes for $15 (low holey profile)
and $20 (tall, unholey stuff.) That beats Grover's $47 price. Now to
wait for a sunny day to install it so I can start hanging things
inside my pickemup bed. I have an errant ladder which needs taming,
despite the locked chain. If anyone wants some, look in the
electrical section next to the conduit.

--
I think this is the crux of the global warming media hype (not some of
the science). Gobal warming research and it's ugly step-sister, the

A Liberal, Environmentally Friendly, Global Warming, Anti-Hype Lad
James, 11Jan07 on Weather Channel's "One Degree" hype site

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
-Carl (don't even ask about the 1949 Fairbanks- Morse oil furnace. I am
the world's leading authority on that alleged heating appliance)

I think we'll move after my son is out of college. I've about had it. My
furnace is an early -'50s Burnham Pacemaker that I had converted from oil
to gas 28 years ago, after my oil delivery company tried to put 350
gallons of oil into my 220 gallon tank, which was 1/4 full at the time,
and the balance wound up on my basement floor.

My big adventure with the 1949 FM occurred when late one Saturday I noticed
the house was getting cold. I went downstairs and tried the usual remedies,
including hitting the reset switch a couple of times. The burner would start
and then stop. After reviewing the wiring diagram, I opened the cover on the
stack switch (for those of you who don't know what a stack switch is, it is
a mechanical thermostat the sits in the exhaust flue. The stack switch has a
bimetal spring that unwinds when heated by the flue gases and closes a
switch to allow the burner to keep running. If the spring does not trip the
switch within 10 seconds, the burner is shut down. It is a safety device in
case of a flameout) and figured out the 'ignition' relay wasn't pulling in
all the way. I figured this out by pushing on the relays (the other one is
the 'motor' relay) with an insulated screwdriver. Ah-Ha! I pushed in the
ignition relay (got a nice buzz from the HV box) and with a second
screwdriver, pushed in the motor relay annnnd all the oil that had been
spraying into the firebox lit off with a bang that shook the house and
loosened up about 60 tons of soot, half of which blew out of the automatic
damper I was standing right in front of. I looked like a coal miner. The
rest of the soot went out of the chimney (too bad it was dark out) and
coated our snow-covered lawn and much of the neighborhood with a fine black
powder. The next day I got up on the roof (to see if the chimney had been
damaged) Looking down at the yard, my house sat in the middle of a black
circle.

I replaced the stack switch and burner with a Beckett.

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

snip

The rest of the soot went out of the chimney (too bad it was dark out) and
coated our snow-covered lawn and much of the neighborhood with a fine
black powder. The next day I got up on the roof (to see if the chimney had
been damaged) Looking down at the yard, my house sat in the middle of a
black circle.

I replaced the stack switch and burner with a Beckett.

-Carl

That would have been enough to convert me to hiring people to do it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 22:08:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

I forgot to ask you: what laser level do you like? I'm still using string
levels and a Hoppy transit, but the laser levels look interesting.

I found a nice little guy, a StraitLine Intersect, on eBay for $15
delivered. It works well for both walls and floors. Here ya go: $12.50
http://tinyurl.com/36pl8c Good for about 1/8" accuracy on most jobs.

The prices on those basic laser levels certainly are reasonable. I'll take a
look at that one. It looks like it ought to be OK for handyman jobs. Thanks.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 22:08:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't yet played with laser measuring units, only laser levels.

I forgot to ask you: what laser level do you like? I'm still using string
levels and a Hoppy transit, but the laser levels look interesting.

I found a nice little guy, a StraitLine Intersect, on eBay for $15
delivered. It works well for both walls and floors. Here ya go: $12.50
http://tinyurl.com/36pl8c Good for about 1/8" accuracy on most jobs.

The prices on those basic laser levels certainly are reasonable. I'll take a
look at that one. It looks like it ought to be OK for handyman jobs. Thanks.

--
Ed Huntress

It's ok for far more than handyman job. 100' is sufficient range for
most all residential construction purposes, you might need 600' range if
you're building a mall or office building.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No way, never ever hire someone to do it for you.... every time Ive done
that they foul it up worse then before and then they hand you a huge bill...
I do all my own work, period. I read the code books, consult with friends in
the business and then, do a better job then any of them have time to!!!!

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

snip

The rest of the soot went out of the chimney (too bad it was dark out)
and coated our snow-covered lawn and much of the neighborhood with a fine
black powder. The next day I got up on the roof (to see if the chimney
had been damaged) Looking down at the yard, my house sat in the middle of
a black circle.

I replaced the stack switch and burner with a Beckett.

-Carl

That would have been enough to convert me to hiring people to do it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I'd rather be ice fishing.

What is your favorite ice to catch, or do you catch and release? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

I'd rather be ice fishing.

What is your favorite ice to catch, or do you catch and release? ;-)

I like the big 25-pound blocks, 'cause they're slow to melt. If you fillet
and skin 'em right away and stick them in the freezer, they're good until
summer.

(You're really digging through some old stuff here to get a chuckle,
Michael. You need some good jokes to get your blood flowing.)

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I'd rather be ice fishing.

What is your favorite ice to catch, or do you catch and release? ;-)

I like the big 25-pound blocks, 'cause they're slow to melt. If you fillet
and skin 'em right away and stick them in the freezer, they're good until
summer.

(You're really digging through some old stuff here to get a chuckle,
Michael. You need some good jokes to get your blood flowing.)

Actually, I need blood thinner, but the VA doctor's excuse was, Well,
you might need surgery some day. I get cut on something, and there is
almost no bleeding, and it takes weeks or months longer to heal because
of it.

As far as old jokes, someone needs to remember them. Today's' jokes
are all running for office, anyway.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html