Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Clausing 12x37 clone will not run backwards

On Feb 2, 4:36�pm, Fred warydragon--at--gmail.com wrote:
Clausing 12x37 clone will not run backwards

There are several multi wire relays in the panel box on the back and I suspect one of them is the problem, or the switch
in the front controlled by the apron lever. �Its a pretty complicated bunch of wiring.

Please help, I do not know how to diagnose this?

Fred

WHATEVER YOU DO REMOVE THE POWER BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

Single Phase or Three Phase?

Whatever electrical component shifts the wiring to reverse seems to be
stuck in the forward position. Perhaps the reversing switch handle has
become free of the electrical contacts inside the reversing switch. OR
since you mention there being relays in a box along with the
"complicated wiring" there is a one or more relays perhaps stuck in
the operating position.

AFTER REMOVING POWER check the relays to determine whether the
armature, the thing that moves along with the contacts, actually moves
and the contacts associated with the armature move with them.

My best guess. There is a relay associated with reversing that is
stuck in the operating or energized position.

What Zip Code is the lathe at?

Bob AZ